220.127.116.11 The vehicle
Theft of the vehicle.
- An opened car is an invitation to steal it. You must close it even during quick stops.
- Use dissuasive security features: sticks, electronic keys, alarms, windows recording…
- To be informed of new car security systems, such as GPS Search.
- Do not regularly leave the car documentation inside the vehicle.
Theft of items from the inside of the vehicle.
- Do not leave items visible, not even bags which could lead them to believe there are valuable items inside.
- Drive with the door locked and close the windows you cannot control visually, especially when driving in urban areas.
- When driving, do not leave the purse or wallet in the seats or at sight, because they can be stolen by breaking a window during stops at traffic lights or at pedestrian crossings.
- You must be cautious with the warnings of people making you get off the car pretending the car is on fire or there is smoke, or has a flat tire … in the same way, if you have a small collision with another car, it may be a trap for stealing or theft.
Theft of car plates.
- The purpose is to use them when committing a crime.
- You must report it as soon as you are aware to avoid problems and unnecessary inconveniences.