3.6.1 Who is entitled to Healthcare?
1. Foreigners who are in Spain but are not registered have the right to emergency healthcare due to serious illness or accident, and the continuity of that assistance until the patient is discharged by the doctors.
2. Foreigners who are registered in Spain are entitled to the same healthcare as the Spanish population. They can therefore benefit from healthcare in case of:
- general and specialized care
- common illness
- maternity (pregnancy, labour and post-labour)
3. Foreigners under 18 who are in Spain are entitled to the same healthcare as the Spanish population
4. Foreign women who are pregnant in Spain are entitled to healthcare during the pregnancy, labour and post-labour.