188.8.131.52 The couple
Threats, duress, physical and psychological abuse within the family environment are criminal behaviors which are not avoided by being at home or in privacy. Women, minors and elderly have more possibilities of being attacked by a family member than by a stranger.
Education and prevention must be the main measures in the fight against abuse. Protection of victims of violence in the domestic environment requires coordinated actions of several institutions which provide the necessary assistance in these cases.
All citizens have something to offer in the eradication of a social scourge which results in the loss of human lives and has huge consequences for victims. It is necessary to continue to raise this social climate of complaints, detection and intolerance of these facts.
In the area of gender-based violence it is important that women know what resources they have at their disposal:
- Police specialized in investigation of facts and protection of victims
- Legal aid and psychological assistance
- Emergency and recovering centers
- Specific Judges and Public Prosecutors for these proceedings
- Employment rights and economic aids