Criminals used to consider them suitable victims to obtain their goals, through aggressions as well as through cheating. We list some of the tricks they use:
- At home pretending to be staff of a supply service (water, electricity, gas…)
- In the street at the time of withdrawing cash from a bank office, especially in those days near the retirement pension deposit.
- Also in the Street, tricking them into making fast money. That is the case when:
- Carrying out transactions at the ATM’s.
- By phone, asking them for money to give them an alleged prize.
- A minor or disabled who is throwing money because they do not know that is money.
- The person who has a winner ticket but urgently needs money and cannot wait to charge it.
- The person who comes to clean the house.
- The sale of alleged valuable items which are fake and non-existent.
Besides, do not permit malpractices when they require special care by third parties or harassments in situations of dependence. It would be necessary to inform of these actions at police stations, courts or social services. For these situations, the emergency lines 091 and 112 can be used through the video-interpretation service Svisual. Information about how SVisual works is available in the following webwww.svisual.org