Global : 1

3.9.1 Youth

There are various services from the State, the Autonomous Regions and the municipalities that serve people between 16 and 30 years old.

  • Instituto Nacional de la Juventud (National Youth Institute)
  • Institutos Autonómicos de la Juventud u Organismos de Juventud Autonómicos (Regional Youth Institutes or Associations)
  • Consejo de la Juventud de España (Spanish Youth Council)
  • Consejos Autonómicos de la Juventud (Regional Youth Councils)
  • Centros Regionales de Información Juvenil (Regional Youth Information Centres)
  • Centros Municipales de atención/información a la juventud (Municipal Information and Assitance Youth Centres)
  • Centros o Casas de la Juventud (Youth Centres)
  • Bolsa de vivienda para jóvenes (Housing pool for Young People)
  • Programa de Emancipación Juvenil (Youth “Moving out” Program)

These services provide information and guidance about different topics relevant to young people:

  • Associations
  • Employment
  • Housing
  • Training
  • Access to cultural and leisure programs
  • Youth tourism programs
  • Issuance of international cards that offer special conditions to young people: Youth hostels, youth card, International student card, etc.

There is also a large number of youth associations where you can receive information on various topics.


- There is a large Lumber of associations for young people.
- There is a large network of youth centres in every Autonomous Region. 
- Youth associations are strong in Spain. You can find information and a directory of youth centres on the Consejo de la Juventud de España or the Instituto de la Juventudwebsites: y 
- You have the right to request the service of a sign language interpreter. You may get information about this at your nearest association or federation for the deaf.

Logo Empleo Logo FAMI Fondo de Asilo

Logo Empleo Logo FAMI Fondo de Asilo